Our Team has grown over the years so that we now have three Clinical Psychologists, Therapeutic Social Workers, two Assistant Psychologists, Occupational therapists and a Play Therapist. We are always looking for talented and experienced therapists to join our team.
Dr Claudia Wilson – Founder & Clinical Psychologist
The Cherrycroft Practice is an independent therapeutic service which was set up by Dr Claudia Wilson (Clinical Psychologist). Claudia worked in the NHS for 12 years before setting up the Practice, and has specialised in working with children in care and adopted children since 2006. Besides with the families with complex trauma issues we also work with other families whose children have more discrete difficulties like anxiety or low mood or problems with anger among other things.
She completed her undergraduate studies and MA in Psychology at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, and tutored and lectured psychology students and trainee teachers. After moving to the UK in 1999, she took up an Assistant Psychologist post at the Monroe Young Family Centre (a service of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust) before completing her clinical training at the University of Oxford (Harris Manchester College) Doctoral Course of Clinical Psychology.
Wendy Esterhuysen – Service Development Manager & Therapist
I am a qualified play therapist and social worker with additional training in Theraplay and DDP. I have worked with children and families for over 20yrs. I have a dual role at Cherrycroft, where I offer attachment-based therapy to a small number of families and for the remainder of my time support the day to day running of the service, including the commissioning of work with our partner agencies and support all that goes with the smooth running of our service.
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist with experience in fostered, adopted children and complex trauma in CAMHS and VAAs
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counselling Psychologist
- Psychologist PHD
- Senior Assistant Psychologist with a Masters level degrees in Psychology, and experience in reviewing case histories, and performing and evaluating questionnaire measures, direct work with children
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist with extensive Sensory Integration experience, experience in working in schools, and with children with complex trauma
- Certified Play Therapists
- Senior Therapeutic Social Worker who has specialised in working with children who have experienced early trauma, as a senior member of a specialist therapeutic team since 2003
- Art Therapist
- Speech & Language Therapist
- Play Therapist who is an experienced Social Worker with DDP and Theraplay
We are Hiring
We are hiring – please check our vacancies page